The CENTREDMVET in the greater Montreal area have been offering a Surgical Internship Program for over 20 years. Our clinical training is designed to provide a dynamic and constructive environment that prepares students for surgical residency. More than 80% of our surgical intern integrate a surgical residency program. The Montreal, St-Hubert and Blainville CENTREDMVET participate in the Surgical Internship Program, offering a rich internship experience and expertise. The large number of surgeries performed each week contributes to the exposure to a wide variety of cases. The team of CENTREDMVET surgeons includes Dr. Jérôme Planté, Dipl. ECVS, Dr. Pierre Clerfond, Dipl. ACVS, Dr. Matthieu Gatineau, Dipl. ACVS-ECVS-ACVSMR, and Dr. Alex Terreros, Dipl. ACVS, as well as two residents (ACVS-approved program) and three specialized interns who are surrounded by a team of more than 30 people spread out over the three CENTREDMVET in the greater Montreal area.
Surgical Internship Program 2023-2024
The Internship Program in Surgery is a 12-month, full-time program. It is an advanced clinical training in surgery under the immediate supervision of CENTREDMVET surgical specialists. The position also includes paid on-call surgery in collaboration with the CENTREDMVET surgical team. The program begins on Monday, July 17, 2023 and ends on July 14, 2024.
3 positions will be available for 2023-2024
- Compensation is set at $38,000 per year.
- A continuing education budget of $2000 per year is allocated.
- OMVQ and liability insurance fees are paid by CENTREDMVET.
- Hold a doctor degree in veterinary medicine and be registered with the “Ordre des Médecins Vétérinaires du Québec” at the time of starting the program.
- A general internship or previous work experience is required.
The application must include:
- A letter of intent;
- A curriculum vitae with photo ID;
- Three letters of reference;
- Transcript of grades including cumulative GPA and ranking;
- General internship evaluations if applicable.
Interested candidates should email their application by the deadline of January 15, 2023 to
January 15, 2023 to Dr Matthieu Gatineau
Disclosure of candidate selection will be made in early February 2023. The selected candidate will have 24 hours to accept the appointment or withdraw from the position. When a candidate withdraws, the next candidate on the list is contacted and so on, until the position is filled. This process may take a few days.